The Fine Art Trade Guild was formed in 1910 as the successor to the 1847 Printsellers’ Association, set up to oversee the fine art print trade. The Guild continues to set standards for prints. In addition, it sets standards and guidelines for picture framing.
We are proud to be a member of the Fine Art Trade Guild, and have been since 1989. The Fine Art Trade Guild sets and maintains industry standards for the benefit of Members and their customers. As a member, we adhere, voluntarily, to the Guilds Code of Ethics. We promise to:
- Observe the highest standards of integrity in all transactions.
- Protect the interests of our clients.
- Avoid the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
- Make every effort to reach an amicable and speedy solution in the event of a dispute with a client.
- Maintain adequate insurance protection to suit our business and clients' needs.
- Represent ourself as a member of the Guild only whilst we are a current member.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the Guild and its membership.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession through development and support of Guild standards, the education of fellow members and consumers.
- Recognise the authority of the Guild in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code of ethics.