Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s ‘internet session’ number, which is allocated by your Internet Service provider, and may change from time to time). This number is logged by our web server and is used to note your interest in our website. It does not personally identify you.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
(1) to process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service)
(2) to carry out security checks – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions; and
(3) to comply with any legal requirements
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, and monitoring how customers use our site. We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. These would come from us alone and no other third parties. You may be contacted by post, email, or telephone. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish – see “Your rights” section below.
(1) You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request here.
Please ensure you type “update” in the subject line.
(2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply let us know here.
Type “No Marketing” in the subject line and then the following in the main text :-
your full name
your postal address, including postcode
your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
(3) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address :
Ian Kenny Framing
172 Quarry Street
When you are browsing websites on the internet, many of these websites store tiny text files called cookies on your computer, to help track your use of the site and to personalise your journey around the website. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.